Tuesday 14 July 2009

Ashton Explanation Required


Now regular visitors to this site will know that I am not the greatest fan of Primadeano Ashton - not because I don't rate him as a player, but because I think his attitude stinks. I passed comment last week on a remark from young Dixon, that he had trained through the summer but had not seen any of the other players, apart from Parker, as he put in his extra shifts. 'Where was Ashton?' I dared to ask.

Beano fans leapt to his defence of course. Perhaps he is so far along the road to recovery that he doesn't need the additional fitness training they argued. Fair enough, then we could expect to see Beano stripped and ready for action at Grays or, if that was beneath him, then certainly on the tour of Austria. Remember, Zola was of the opinion that Ashton could return before the end of last season!

Cometh the hour but no cometh the man! Deano was a no show at Grays and, it seems, is not ready for the pre-season tour of Austria either. So the guy who was too fit to need to train through the summer (having had almost the whole of last season off!)is not yet ready to turn out against part time professionals. Hmmmmmm, does anybody smell a rat here?

I'm beginning to suspect that the treatment table has moulded itself around Beano's body. Stoke's interest seems to have waned and no other clubs are being linked with him. At this rate, any return of Beano will be on a par with the resurrection of Jesus Christ!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is just an arse bandid

Anonymous said...

jog on

Colm said...

Hammersfan, you are an embarrisment to us proper West Ham fans, in no way do you represent us and we dont like you.

Anonymous said...

I like Deano and think he could do a good job for us this season, but I was likewise puzzled by his absence from the Austria trip. Perhaps a transfer is in the offing ?

Anonymous said...

Has Stoke's interest waned or is this another master stroke from King Of Spin Duxburry?
'
I expect a Deano wanted to go home' type statement when he signs for them this week followed by a feature on Dixon and Hines on the OS...

Anonymous said...

If I were Ashton, I'd refuse to come back unless I only played in the away games ... save me from wearing that 'orrid new home shirt ...

Anonymous said...

I have it on the best authority that his medical condition is not good and WHU will take any cash for him.Sad but true- he could have been a legend !

James Lewis said...

Nice to see the post dude!

Check out MY Eoin Wearen exclusive interview!

http://cbarmy.blogspot.com/

Hammersfan said...

1745, I hope your source is dodgy mate but I fear it is spot on.

Hammersfan said...

Col, you are an EMBARRASSMENT to the English language. Learn to spell before you insult people eh?

Dean said...

I'll be gutted if, as looks likely, Deano doesn't play for us again as we are both fat and lazy and I used to love hearing the Bobby Moore lower sing my name on the occaissional Saturday

Anonymous said...

I think Deano owes us a really good season. I rate him as a player and think he could do the business....when fit. I think he is probably on the way out. That doesn't seem to stop Faubert from training tho. Tough to say what goes on behind closed doors.