Saturday 7 March 2009

No News Is Good News?

Well the End may have been nigh but it would appear that we can, for the time being at least, give a sigh of relief. The court case has come, the court case has gone and we are still here. Well as far as we know we are still here anyway. The silence from the land of glaciers is deafening.

Of course it would have helped if we had had a game this weekend. Some evidence of activity from the patient would be good. The club is still breathing presumably, there is still a pulse I trust, the government hasn't taken a 55% stake in the club hopefully!

No sign of a Pickfords van outside the ground I presume?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find the silence coming from the board quite reassuring. Contrary to the views of most fans who seem to feel that "the board should let the fans know what is going on", in a competitive market it is best to play your cards close to your chest. I've said before that I feel the early tenure of the current owner was more a case of solo wrist than contract bridge, but credit where credit is due, he appears to have learned by his mistakes and has had an abundance of problems to cope with. It would be a cruel irony indeed if more "mizere" were to be visited on the fans by failure now when the football itself is looking so promising.

If BG has no tricks up his sleeve we may not even have time to get the removal men in, it'll be more like my dear old mum's hands coming down and picking up the ground by the four corners the way she used to with my subuteo pitch. You wake up one morning and it's all gone! So make sure the corner flags are firmly secured and keep your fingers crossed, if we can prop it up until the end of the season, we could cop for a place in europe!

Anonymous said...

LOL You had Subuteo too! Did you invent "Championship Manager" decades ahead of computer games like me? I had books of "transfer deals", moving players from club to club and league tables on a week to week basis. Odd the way West Ham always finished top! Well until my Dad came in and stepped on the West Ham team, breaking players left, right and centre. A metaphor for Curbishley's reign perhaps?

Anonymous said...

I didn't do the transfers but I certainly completed a full set of fixtures every week and maintained league tables and even players form marks so that I could select an England team. You could only get the red and blue teams so I bought extra and painted them myself. I had two West Ham teams, the away strip of two claret bands around a light blue background. Clyde Best even had brown skin! Happy days!