Friday 22 June 2012

Traitor Rob Green Speaks With Forked Tongue

Whilst the Official Site and its franchise KUMB report Rob Green's tribute to the West Ham fans faithfully, both, for some strange reason, omit England's 666 claim that he is joining QPR because of the ambition of the club.

Of course, Green has to say positive things about the Hoops; but he has to say positive things about West Ham too. That's the way its done unless there has been a huge spat. So why bother to report Green's "thanks" to the fans?

For what it is worth, I have translated Green's words so that his tongue is no longer forked!

"I would like to thank West Ham fans. They have been great. Even though we were relegated during my time at the club, after a miserable season of struggle the year before, and even though we spent a season in the old Second Division, the fans kept pouring through the turn stiles, paying their hard earned wages into my bank account, via the club."

"Sadly, what they were paying me - £40,000 per week according to most estimates - was not enough. However, I would like to thank every one of those fans whose wages have given me a wonderful lifestyle and a financially secure future."

"I do trust that West Ham fans will understand that I had no choice other than to move given QPR are paying me £10,000 a week more than West Ham. That speaks volumes for the ambition of QPR and, although they narrowly missed relegation last season, that sort of ambition talks!"

"Sadly Spurs never came in for me as I suspect they would have paid me even more. I had also hoped that Chelsea might see me as the perfect number 2 for Cech as that would have been a great money spinner, but they didn't fancy me either."

"Never mind, I'm looking forward to my time at QPR. Who wouldn't when you are being paid £50k per week?"

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anony-mouse says,

I do hope that if you're now going to constantly post on Green you'll at least drop your fixation with Parker. It'll be pretty tiresome if you don't HF.

Good luck Rob. Ypu've made the wrong move in my opinion, but it's your career not mine, so I hope it works out for you. Not at our expence though :)

Anonymous said...

I think you are sad

PM24 said...

Exactly HF. Yes he gave us 6 years service, yes he helped get us promoted. But he was part of the cause who got us relegated. He has plain and simply moved to a smaller club with a smaller fan base, smaller stadium and less heritage, for more money and a hefty signing on fee. Anyone who slags off noble and cole, but wishes green good luck, is full of nonsense.

Legends11 said...

i think the author of this article has reason to be pssed off at green. footballers wages are crazy and need to be brought back in line with reality. i can understand gold and sullivan not wanted to risk a wage which was unsustainable in the larger picture. green had the shirt, the love of the fans at a huge club and a more than acceptable wage on the table. if he decided to head abroad u can understand it to fulill a career ambition and live under the sun. but he decided to join qpr!! a stab in the back to those you loved him. ... shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as phil parks (west ham legend)

el martillo said...

Has anyone noticed the irony of the potential semi-final line up? The last four countries left IN europe could be Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain! Come on you PIGS.

Basildon-iron said...

Struggle to see what all the emotion is around this. He's moved on for more money good luck to him, who wouldn't do the same?. Don't know where you get the 40k a week from everything I've heard suggests that's way off the mark and in fact green was one of the lowest paid pros on the books at west ham.

If you remember a couple of years back now green came out publicly and slammed the Icelanders for not reviewing his contract and players were coming in around him i.e the ljunbergs, dyers, bellamys, upsons and being paid astronomical wages. No way was he on 40k a week!

He's getting on in his career (as only being given a 2 year contract has proved) and he would have been offered near on £2 million as a signing on fee with QPR. Are you telling me you'd turn that down fanno? I know I wouldnt. He's not a west ham fan so no loyalty needs to be shown and over the course of his west ham career he can only be viewed as a good servant of the club who yes had his faults but he has certainly won us more points than lost us over the last 6 years.

He's gone now, time for someone else to step up. Good luck to him, what has he done to deserve sarcastic comments??? Nothing as far as I can see.

Hammersfan said...

Hello Marty, where have you been?

All very fair Bas. Let's hope doesn't get injured ahead of our exit from the Euros. It's bad enough that we are paying Green until the end of the month, God forbid that he amkes the mistake that knocks us out whilst still officially a West Ham man!

el martillo said...

Spain, school, GCSE's, writing, painting, wife, kids, girlfriend, golf; anything really that took my mind off West Ham this year. I used to like football; well, I still do, shame West ham don't seem to play very much!

Anonymous said...

Seeing as you have wanted him gone for as long as anyone can remember, why are you still intent on having a pop when he's done what you wanted?

Move on fanno, Green has.

Anonymous said...

Spot on response to a crap posting from sad and small minded idiot.

PeteQPRfan said...

I think it's downright delusional to think this is a step down. QPR are stronger at every position except CB. They have greater finances and despite the history of west ham, which isn't that much better than QPR's, they are't as capable of attracting as good players. This is a move for both financial and footballing reasons. You have a much greater threat of relegation.

Responsive design said...

I think rob has made a bad choice here.

Having said that, he's not been the same keeper since the world cup and has cost us as many goals as he has saved.

I'd rather a keeper that wants to be there than one after only money

Anonymous said...

As far as I'm concerned, Green left West Ham for a smaller club. Simple as that. We have a bigger stadium, bigger fan base and better history, so what other reason would Greeno leave for other than money? I just hope the likes of Noble and Tomkins don't follow in Green's footsteps...