Saturday 24 March 2012

Allardyce Delighted With His Brilliant Tactical Changes To Secure Point

Speaking after the final whistle, Doctor Evil told reporters.

"You have to be pleased with the fightback and a point. We were desperately unlucky to be behind at half time. Kevin had a goal disallowed and nobody knows why exactly and Cole hit the post when it was easier to score. But we changed it at half time anyway."

"The defence let me down in the first half if I'm being honest with you. You can't concede goals like that and expect to win a game. But we were without Faye and that was a huge loss. And we didn't have Diop or Demmel either. The game plan was to keep it tight first half and nick a goal second. And if we had done that, we would have all been happy and gone home with three points from a difficult game against a team in the top half of the table."

"You saw the difference in the second half. That was all down to me and my team talk at half time and the way I changed things around at the break. I have the stats & I know more than anybody else like I said in my article in the Evening Standard on Friday. I told the players they were letting me down. I told them I should be in charge of Barcelona or Real Madrid. I told them them that I was the real Special One and that if they couldn't play for me, they couldn't play for anyone."

"If I'm honest with you, I told them a few home truths in there at half time and you saw how they responded. They went out there and played for me. I pulled off Cole and Taylor and sent on Baldock and Maynard. People who don't understand anything claim I am negative in the way I set the team up but I play three up top like I said in the Standard. Today I had Cole, Taylor and one other up top in the first half and in the second it was Baldock, Maynard and one other, until I brought on Carew for Collison. Then it was Carew, Maynard and Baldock. But what good did that do? The forwards here are rubbish. The forwards are letting me down every game and I'm beginning to lose my patience with them because they are turning certain victories into draws virtually every game. That's costing me points. If we're not careful it could cost me promotion. And if that happens it will cost me a million pounds and it may lose me my job."

"But you all saw how brilliant I am in that second half fight back. No other manager would have turned that situation around. I told the team to go for it second half and look what happened. We won the second forty five 2-0."

"The big question you have to ask the players is why they needed to go two goals down and hear my half time talk before they started to play. The players have a lot to answer for to be honest. I had a plan and they didn't stick to it. One goal should have been enough to win the game and instead we needed two to draw it. That's not acceptable. I didn't get where I am today by scoring two goals in a game to get a draw. So we will be putting in work on the training field to sort us out defensively before we go to Peterborough."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They went out there and played for me. I pulled off Cole and Taylor and sent on Baldock and Maynard. People who don't understand anything claim I am negative in the way I set the team up but I play three up top like I said in the Standard. Today I had Cole, Taylor and one other up top in the first half and in the second it was Baldock, Maynard and one other, until I brought on Carew for Collison.

^^^
The initial starting 'one other' was Gary O'Neil. So out of his 3 'up front', only 1 is a striker. He is an idiot.

Anonymous said...

what a shit website.

Anonymous said...

Well don't come here then!

Beelzebub said...

I said we needed 9 points from the 3 games before our home tie against reading or its the play off lottery.. Well it's all over now. Play offs AT BEST now, such a fcking waste of a squad way better than this shit league.

Sack that fat prick right now, any replacement / standin can't do any worse than achieving the play offs

Anonymous said...

The squad ain't that good though is it fellas

Johntan said...

Lol very funny again HF. I can see him making the players carry him on there shoulders to the bench at the start of the next game and him giving the fans a few of those Queen's waves while he sports an expensive suit and FBI sun glasses.

Anonymous said...

culdesac...


"I - I - I", it's all about him. That is not management, that is not coaching. I feel the waves of divorce between the players and Allardyce strenghtening... A shame we cannot get rid of him while it is time. And beides that, we could not find anybody to replace him.

Once again, the lad played defensive, contention, until we were 2 down. How about playing offensive from minute one, folding the game and ciao ? I said it a couple of days ago, and many others are doing the same. We need to crush the opponents, not give them confidence, because everyone in this division only wants one thing : the scalp of West Ham United.

USA Dave said...

Beelzebub, I agree with you BUT their is still this math to cling to. If we win the game in hand AND win against Reading we go ahead of them. Now I do jot believe that will happen, nor do I think we will keep pace with them in our other games.

Allardyce has let his arrogance take over all strategic thinking and it is hard to watch. It was clear we were better with Maynard and Baldock up front, right? So that would lead one to think he will use that on in the next game, right? Thus it is almost a certainty that it will be Cole up front all alone. Or worse.