Thursday 14 April 2011

West Ham 14 Spurs 0 Provokes Legal Challenge!

Well it was bad enough that we won the two leg Premiership battle 1-0, so denting the mighty Warmspurs' bid to secure Champions League football next season, so I suppose the 14-0 hammering in the OPLC vote had to provoke some sort of response from the Cockyfools. Never can Spurs be accused of losing gracefully, so the "Judicial Review" they are now seeking was inevitable.

Not that they don't have a case! I can't understand personally why Newham felt the £40million loan was justifiable. Let's face it, if we stayed at Upton Park and Tottenham moved to Stratford, the borough would suddenly boast two Premiership teams instead on one, which would surely be a boost to employment and commerce in Newham wouldn't it?

So Newham Council have put West Ham ahead of respite care for the disabled, and once weekly refuse collection, and local libraries and goodness knows what else, in order to reduce employment and business opportunities in the borough. Odd don't you think, if you put aside the Claret & Blue tinted glasses?

Mind you, I'm not sure what Hearn thinks he will gain by joining forces with Spurs in this challenge. Does he really want Tottenham on his doorstep instead of West Ham? How would that help Orient exactly? It sounds to me like potting the yellow and snookering yourself behind the black!

One thing is for sure, now lawyers are involved, costs are going to climb. How much will the council tax payers of Newham have to cough up as the council seek to defend the decision? And how much will it cost the club if this develops into a protracted legal battle?

This could get very, very messy!

4 comments:

S. Robinson said...

Here's what Hearn thinks he'll get out of it: http://netcapital-londonsfootballblog.blogspot.com/p/capital-catch-up_11.html
He aint half what he looks

S. Robinson said...

Lovely snooker metaphor, mind

Anonymous said...

As an American futbol fan I have to hate Manu but dam I hate the spurs. Someone once told me the 8 mil euros 'Arry paid for rvv was a deal, I said yeah but is he worth the headache (diamanti in mind)

Lexicon9391 said...

Can the review lead to a reversal of the decision or is it purely about financial compensation. If a reversal is possible then presumably WH will take action and the issue is a never ending spiral of claim and counter claim. Personally I am against the move so I have mixed feelings. Tho I hate to say it I think Spurs plans for the stadium & Crystal Palace are a much better solution than our continuation of an athletics stadium with football. I will never be convinced that a running track and football go together. On the other hand I understand the need to progress and generate income.