Thursday 26 August 2010

Parker Swap Imminent


Interesting to see The Metro linking us with Hutton and Keane - kind of like I was suggesting a couple of weeks ago. Parker has still not signed that contract and now Noble has opened his gob on the topic of Scotty, urging the club NOT to sell him. You have to wonder why Noble feels the need to beg, given Sullivan has promised that Parker will not be sold, no way, not for any money, not now, not tomorrow, not never, ever, ever, ever, ever.

But we can't afford to pay for Hutton and Keane, and I doubt Tottenham would agree to letting us have both for Parker, without some form of cash adjustment. The deal, however, would suit 'Arry because he wants the Irishman out and doesn't rate the Scot, so I can see a swap for Parker and Keane, maybe with a cash adjustment in our favour, with Hutton or O'Hara coming on a season long loan as part of the package. That would explain why the Caceida deal was called off at the last moment and why the Santa Cruz deal came to nothing, given the limit on the number of domestic loans.

When will it all happen? I fancy tomorrow.

7 comments:

Basildon-Iron said...

Fanno, long time no speak my man. I've been reading with intent your dislike about Parker over the last few topics you've raised and as much as i may agree with some of your judgements we really have no one else on the books who is capable of driving and leading our team. He may not vocally be captian material but none the less if other players cant look at thier performances and compared against his be embarrased then i've lost all faith completly in modern day football. You seem to be very sure Parker will be gone by the end of the window but I cannot believe that Sullivan will go back on what he's said so vehemently in the past. He'd look like too much of a mug and although there may be plenty who already think that about the bloke he still wont make it that easy for everyone to criticise.

Hammersfan said...

Hi mate, as you say, long time no speak! I thought I might have flushed you out with the "Collins and Upson can't play together" trip down memory lane! Have you been to the home games so far this season? I thought Parker was ordinary at best. I'm convinced he is going because that contract hasn't been signed! I reckon he will be encouraged to demand a move to save Sullivan's face, or Avram will be encouraged to take responsibility for the sake of a balanced squad. Maybe Cole and Behrami will go instead, but I wouldn't be surprised to see all three traded personally. I'm going to have half a dozen omelettes on my face if Parker is still with us when the window slams shut!

Anonymous said...

U r a prick, Parker kept us up and is the best player we have by a mile, Hutton and Leane plus 10 mill would b more like it. First time I have come back in for 4 mths and even then coz I foolishly read the headline and not where it was from. I won't b back so say what u like. HF you r a prick and the worst whufc fan ever

Hammersfan said...

See you back when Parker is sold! You can apologise!

Anonymous said...

I can't garauntee that Parker won't be sold but I am pretty certain that this deal which you have been mooting will not.

Swap deals are extremely rare in the Premierleague because there are far too many complications.

We will not Swap Parker for Keane, or for Hutton and Keane.

What I can garauntee though, is that if this doesn't come off, then you will never speak of your incorrect prediction again, and if in the unlikely event that it does, we will never hear the last of it!!

Unknown said...

I'd love to get rid of Parker, especially if we can get 10-15 mill out of him, but unless we can get a good replacement it's not worth it.

Watching him in the last few games he looks like a completely different player to what he was last season. His heart doesn't seem to be in it, which suggests he wants to go. His poor performances could be the factor of the spuds unsettling him. So it'll be interesting to see his performances for us if he doesn't go.

Anonymous said...

How WE wish you would please stop posting SHITE!!