Sunday 13 March 2011

Ba Out, Obinna In

So, Avram has tweaked it, but just a bit. Obinna comes in for Ba, but otherwise we line up as last Saturday. The OS doesn't yet carry Stoke's team so we don't know the extent to which we are set up to counter Pulis's side but I suspect Obinna is there to give more protection to Tomkins whilst, at the same time, sparing Ba from brutal reprisals at the hands of the Stoke thugs.

I would have picked Jacobsen, personally, and moved Tomkins to centre back but I can see the logic of retaining da Costa, given Stoke's threat at set pieces. So, it's all set up for a classic. Fingers crossed that Avram may yet be taking us to Wembley!

4 comments:

Kareem said...

I was expecting more changes, but at least Obinna's gonna get some playing time and Ba is gonna rest up that knee we're all worried about right? It's also good to see Keane back on the bench as well as Hines. Hopefully Keane can get a decent run in for a bit in the second half. I wonder if we should have rested Parker and/or Hitz, but maybe if we do well and have a decent lead, we'll toss Spector in at the 60th minute mark for either Parker or Hitz, since Spector does okay in midfield..

I'm just really paranoid about injuries!!!

USA Dave said...

So is Parker starting? If so, that could cost us everything. It's so irresponsible I can't stand it.

Kareem said...

Hey Dave! Here is our lineup:

WEST HAM: Green, Tomkins, Da Costa, Upson, Bridge, Noble, Parker, Hitzlsperger, Obinna, Cole, Piquionne
Subs: Boffin, Gabbidon, Jacobsen, Spector, Boa Morte, Keane, Hines


So, yes, he is starting. I'm concerned about Parker starting too..

Sav said...

I haven't criticised AG for some time now. I believe he made a number of mistakes today. One, is not picking Jacobsen to match the speed of Etherington. Two, not studying well what Stoke week in and week out from Delap throw ins and find a solution in defending the goal we have so pathetically conceded. And last but not least, having Spector replacing Piquione! I hope I am wrong, but if we don't get through, is probably because of the latter.

Noble and Tomkins are having a very poor game so far.