Monday 7 March 2011

Huge Game Tonight!

In this topsy turvey, utterly illogical season, how typical would it be if Blackpool turned over Chelsea tonight? And that would be an utter disaster if it were to happen.

That freak result against Spurs apart, the wheels have come off big time for Ollie's boys and they must be a good bet for the drop if they get a pounding today. The 4-0 hammering at Wolves shows how ordinary this Blackpool team really is and Chelsea have every incentive to put them to the sword, with the race on for third and fourth place and Champions League qualification.

Defoe did us a huge favour with his two goals at Wolves - amazingly his first Premiership goals since last April - and we could do with another old boy stepping up to the plate tonight. No not Marlon, Frank!

I am a Plastic fan tonight. Let's hope they don't just win, we could do with them destroying the Tangerine Dreamers, hammering their goal difference and confidence in the process.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad to say you're right for once, HF. Spuds yesterday, Chelski today; kinda makes you feel dirty, doesn't it?

Hammersfan said...

Well I have no problem with cheering on Spurs of course! ; }

USA Dave said...

This season is so nuts that today would not be the deathknell for us if Blackpool win. Of course we root for Chelski. But it could be worse for Blackburn and Brum if Blackpool wins since we are playing reasonably well now.

We have better players than those around us, I think. If we survive it will be because they stepped up. We won't survive like last year with three hideous teams below us.

Anonymous said...

And in this topsy-turvy world we now have to include a German in the list of all-time WHU greats. I know Der Hammer has only played a couple of games, but I reckon he's the classiest midfielder we've had since Sir Trev. (I may have mentioned the war once, but I think I got away with it.)

Anonymous said...

Could not agree more HF....I am still waiting for an update of the Grant/Zola index.

JC

Stani Army said...

Bloody hell HF. Are you trying to attract a new type of fan to the site?

Unknown said...

Mate, sorry to not burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure that Harewood has gone out on loan somewhere...

I would like to rise above it and support Blackpool as the underdogs.

Unfortunately I'm not that highly principled!

Hammersfan said...

I was thinking of you when I chose the picture Stani. Go on, admit it, that's why you keep running back to Iain, even though he keeps rejecting you! ; }

Stani Army said...

OK I admit, I really am that big HF.

Stani Army said...

...and stop thinking of me so much.

Hammersfan said...

66 minutes and Lampard has two already. Latest score 3-0!

Stani Army said...

3-1

Stani Army said...

1-3, I should say. Just 2 goals in the goal diff between us and them