Friday 4 March 2011

How Crap was Cole?

No not Carlton, but our fallen former local hero, Joe Ordinary Cole. What on Earth has happened to the guy? From the most exciting prospect ‘Arry had ever seen, he has become a joke, a not even nearly man who can’t shine even on his return to Upton Park.

He was taken as a wild card selection to the World Cup and was so poor that Capello hasn’t shown any interest since. Liverpool picked him up on a Bosman free transfer but must be thinking they paid too much even at that price! His wages are huge, as huge as his own inflated self opinion, and he is doing nothing to earn them from what I can see. Thank God we didn’t sign him in the summer!

On Sunday he was introduced as a change gaming substitute and, to be honest, I forgot he was on the pitch. Did he do anything of note? If so, I missed it.

I can’t say I’m sad. I was angry a few seasons back when he celebrated a late winner against us at Stamford Bridge (he was offside into the bargain) and disappointed in the summer at the contempt he demonstrated for the club that nurtured him and put him on the road to riches. Liverpool and Ordinary Joe deserve each other in my book!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelsea ruined a natural entertaining footballer. This should serve as a warning to any similar gifted footballer in the future. I hate him for leaving and joining Chelsea but I will always remember that he paid £20,000 for Peter Brabrook's knee operation.

Deane said...

I'm beginning to think google has banned me from commenting so I'm trying this to see if my ban is over yet

RexHammer said...

If he just stayed at West Ham, He would of been a hero and would most probably still be at peak form....But thats what greed does to you.

Anonymous said...

Kevin in Manchester writes..

as a friend of friend once remarked of him' There's a bit of the simian about him'.. his brains clearly in his feet. And it must be difficult to keep those feet on the ground if from being barely a teenager the whole footballing world from Sir Alex down acclaim you as the next big thing- you appear at a world cup as a teenager(?), clubs rush to throw money at you etc. He needs a good talking to by someone who cares rather than the coterie of hangers on that no doubt he attracts - I'd have him back if his head was fixed

Anonymous said...

i am so glad this wasnt about carlton because he is the true Hammer, not scotty not green not noble... Carlton has been bashed by both management and owners and was even tried to be sold, but Carlton has never said anything bad. Even in his down play =, he has deserved loyalty, right? I believe so.

John said...

He would have adapted to the team quite well in January - no energy, no drive, no commitment, no interest.
I am making the effort to get to Upton Park tomorrow, and its a big effort for me to get there these days, so fingers crossed they break the habit of blowing hot then cold and offer up more of what they did last Sunday.

TurdsOut! said...

Scott Parker - Has been given player of the month by premier league. Well deserved I say. Very Happy.

Hammersfan said...

None of your comments have made it through Deane. I certainly haven't moderated any out.

fred149 said...

anon 10:19 are u kidding me cole more of a true west ham fan then noble you need your head fixing

Headmaster said...

0851 and Rex have it right for me. There are few players I have ever witnessed who make 30000 people collectively and audibly intake their breath in a simultaneous and spontaneous manifestaion of wonder. Gascoigne was one. Di Canio another. Even Brooking. And Joe Cole - Joe did it on more than one occasion.
I lamented his departure and envied Chelsea. I watched as Jose Morinho ignored the player that most of us believed to be a quasi genius. Then came the injuries and now, as HF rightly observes, we see a player who should be in his prime but actually appears to be in terminal decline. A part of me is smug and glad. Another is wistful and sad.