Tuesday 7 December 2010

Pardew to Newcastle

How galling would it be if Pards ended up at Newcastle? I have always rated the guy and I believe it was a huge mistake to sack him. Yes he has baggage, and he is allegedly all too eager to unpack it, but the guy brings a vibrancy to a football club and, unlike Zola, combines that with tactical nounce and an ability to assess and play to the strengths of his players.

I would be surprised if he is Newcastle's first choice but if they happen upon him by accident, then it could prove to be a very lucky accident indeed. Martin O'Neill would be the best man for the job but I reckon Pardew would be just as good as Jol; and cheaper!

2 comments:

Andy said...

That picture illustrates perfectly what we're missing under Grant. Passion... I loved the way we played (for most of the time) under Pards, if the players see that kind of reaction from the manager, it's bound to have an effect on them.

And he massively pissed off Wenger in the process! Everything you want in a manager if you ask me.

Chunky said...

And lets not forget his ability to find talent on the cheap. Something that would suit a non-buying club like Newcastle down to the ground.

I would still rather have him back at UP. What he did wasnt that wrong really. The players should have all offered him their wives for that day he gave us in Cardiff!