Wednesday 28 October 2009

Approaching 50,000. Thanks to all!


I only introduced the hit counter about six weeks ago and it started on 55555 for some odd reason and then reverted back to zero about six days in. I therefore have no idea how many hits this site has had since its inception (over 2 years ago now). However, what is beyond dispute is that we are now coming up to 50,000 hits in the last 5 to 6 weeks.

Thanks to News Now for linking and to everybody who has looked in from time to time. I'd especially like to thank those who have contributed main articles or left comments, either in support or criticism. I know I am not everybody's cup of tea but at the very least, I hope this site has given you something to chunter about! To all the Hammersfans, Orgsters and Fannos out there, here's hoping that our fortunes pick up soon so I can show my more positive side. Yes, I do have one, honest!

12 comments:

Hammersfan said...

Approaching? Old news, we are well on our way to 100,000!

Anonymous said...

congrats. this is actually my fave west ham blog. keep up the good work

Hammersfan said...

Cheers mate.

Fonzie's Bald Patch said...

Hardly ever agree with you and have at times been quite acerbic in my replies to some of your articles and you have weathered it well and been open to discussion...
So I won't say keep up the good work (although the positive articles have thrown me as well as agreeing on Bellamy! lol), but rather a hats off to you fella, one day I hope we can both talk about the positives of our club.
In the words of Arnie,
'I'll be back'
lol

FBP

Hammersfan said...

Cheers Fonzie, I've enjoyed the exchanges!

Unknown said...

Only just found this blog via twitter but looks a good one , keep up the good work

Hammersfan said...

Cheers Gary. How did you find it on Twitter?

apache said...

Good on ya fella...

Hammersfan said...

Cheers mate. How's life with you? Spotted that you made a guest appearance on the Org the other da but you seem a rare visitor these days, like OSP.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.
It’s no mean feat to get a steady stream of hits so you must be doing something right.

I find you something of an enigma, myself. Some posts are very good indeed and yet others, I’m afraid, don’t work for me at all. I think the anti-Duxbury thing has been done to death and I don’t like the goading of fans of other clubs just to get cheap hits.

Your best qualities, as far as I’m concerned, are your wealth of historical detail and, best of all, your attempts at humour. Admittedly, the humour doesn’t always work but at least you keep trying. Goodness knows, being a West Ham fan can be bloody hard at times and we all need to be able to laugh to get us through the dark days so don’t give up.

Certainly, you’ll continue to attract some flak, some of it you’ll deserve and some of it will be misplaced but keep trying to make us laugh, we need it.

Thanks.
S4W

Anonymous said...

Was that when you were posting as ironsfan?

Hammersfan said...

Cheers S4W

1739, which Orgster are you? Ironsfan is a useful addition to the site IMO, seems a bright guy, which is why people think he is me. Fanno only makes very fleeting comments these days. Keep looking. But you are wrong about Ironsfan. I think!