Wednesday 7 October 2009

Fonzie's Bald Patch Says...


love that you are lecturing people on how they support the club...

Oh the irony. For a West Ham blog this is the most derisive piece of writing I have ever read. Day after day you heap scorn on the managers, the CEOs, the owners, the players and the supporters from your bitter little corner of the internet, is it any wonder that people come on here and accuse you of supporting Spurs or the like?

Everyone knew it was going to be a long hard season from the off, it's not like you were the only Mystic fucking Meg to see it. Everyone knew we were teetering on the edge, we have been for a while, so for you to pop up and say I told you so is laughable.

Most people can read the papers or the news on the internet - you do know it's no secret we are in trouble right? Of course you do because you regurgitate every sensationalist piece of bullshit attacking the club on here and put your own pathetic spin on it, adding stupid names and 'humourous' digs.

Again like Support WHTID! says it's a matter of supporting through the tough times, it's hardly like we haven't seen it before.

As for your questions:

League Cup - why are you getting bent out of shape, you spent long enough campaigning that we should bow out without kicking a ball - make your mind up!
The players - I notice now it's a stick to beat the club with it's no longer Lucas and Beano. Make your fucking mind up!
Is Neil a mercenary who is on too much money, too slow, penalties, blah blah or is he a good leader who we need?
Ashton is he the striker we need or is he fat, injured,over paid and a liability? Compensation claims only work if he is willing to retire. From what I hear, he still thinks he has a chance.

The formation. No it's not working, but then we haven't bought the players on Zola's list. Here I agreed, the little man needs to sharpen up and quick, but he's young and learning.

Sack him? We can't afford to.

Left and Right footers on the wrong flanks is tactical, surely in your armchair you can see the advantage it offers by cutting in on your big TV with Sky Plus? Should we do it all the time, no, but Zola is trying to get us to play a different style of football.

The premier league is unforgiving and doesn't allow players or managers much time and Zola's naivety is costing us.

Saying the club is lurching into a crisis makes me laugh though, we've been in crisis since Uncle Terry jumped ship.

Anyway I'm done apart from one last question to you. I don't read 'The Org' so don't care for these monkey you keep banging on about, but you urge them to find their voice and demand answers and the club be accountable... What are you doing?
I'm sure they can't hearing you booing the TV...

Shall I forward a link to SD and GZ so they marvel at what great 'supporters' we have now?

9 comments:

Hammersfan said...

Thing is Fonzie, NOBODY agreed with me when I said before the season kicked off that we would struggle. In fact, most of the gutter press thought we would be OK providing the club didn't go tits up.

I have been consistent in pointing to the Spin Machine that is Duxbury and warning about how everybody was sleep walking into catastrophe because nobody wanted to see the truth. Sorry, but this mirror shows it how it is!

Fonzie's Bald Patch said...

If I'd known you were going to post it up on the front I would have proof read it properly HF!
Got locked into a rant which ran off course from time to time.

What set me off this time was the assertation that you alone saw this and everyone disagreed with you, I know plenty of people who have approached this season with a sense of nervousness. Maybe they didn't comment on here or take a side in you own private little war with the Org, but realistically you know you are hardly Cassandra here...

Then you back track over the players missing/gone and the cup competition as validation for your point, when in fact you were saying they were a waste or should be binned in favour of doing the right thing...

What gets me is that you seem to revel in the bad things that happen to the club and it justifies this blog for you to pop up and type with glee about how you warned this, how Duxbury is lying... let's face it, the man has gotten so transparent with it all that it must be taking Jason Birt all his mental agility to keep writing puff pieces such as 'The Whole Management Team to Napoli' type shit.

As usual we have been guided by bad luck, poor management decisions, injuries to key players, the usual.

Yes we are not in a good shape, no we shouldn't be happy with all the issues going on, but then again dreams have to live before they fade and die, we know the horse is dead, can you stop mangling the corpse?
The supporters who attend regular matches are the ones with the power, on the 11th December Straumur are fucked and we will hopefully be sold and by then maybe Zola will have ditched 4-3-3 and put the right people in the right position and hopefully we will survive.
It's not the end of the season, it's not even half way through.

I feel I choose to support my team, you mourn them.

Anonymous said...

Is this you arguing with yourself or does ‘Fonzie’s Bald Patch’ really exist?
I don’t know whether to join in or just let you beat the crap out of yourself.
This place is getting as confusing as the Org.

Hammersfan said...

Fonzie is for real, as are all the people who reply on here.

Fonzie, I accept a lot of what you say. The point is, this blog gives you and others something to reply to and, as it happens, I believe what I write. Re the League Cup, I never suggested we should treat the Cup with contempt, I said that it was a small price to pay to save our reputation to resign our place following the Millwall game. I was at the Watford game last season to see Zola's pathetically understrength team limp out of the competition - having paid for tickets for myself and my son, plus petrol etcetera, I was not best pleased as a paying customer. More importantly, I was pissed off as a West Ham fan to see us giving away our place in the Cup so shamefully.

Hammersfan said...

Fonzie, if you fancy submitting an article making the case for the other side, I would be delighted to carry it. Send it to the email address and I will run it. Only obscenities and death threats censored on here! The "other side" is welcome!

Fonzie's Bald Patch said...

Anon, I am afraid I do actually exist, whether my view is anymore valid I can't say but at times it does comes directly in opposition to the writer of this blogs opinion.

HF, I may not agree with you but I take my hat off to you for weathering the criticism you receive on here and being big enough to post others views - at least you acknowledge another position.

As for showing the other side, I know we are struggling, I know we are in a bad situation but I choose to hope for a way out, a fit Behrami and Collison for Stoke, a non injured Cole and a Jimenez goal maybe who knows but something other than languishing in the moody depths of despair.
Is it realistic? Sometimes not, but sometimes it works (sure it would have been easier to be relegated than beat Man United 1-0 but hey).

I'll have a think.

Hammersfan said...

You've done it now mate, one word of praise will result in everybody being convinced that you are me!

Anonymous said...

As plain as the nose on your boat

"HF, I may not agree with you but I take my hat off to you for weathering the criticism you receive on here and being big enough to post others views - at least you acknowledge another position."

Fonzie's Blad Patch said...

Ha... maybe you are Mystic Meg afterall!

Anon 19.38, I am not HF.
For the record I find the negative nature of this blog totally alien to my way of approaching the club I love, but feel drawn to comment on some of the article.
I seriously disagree with Hammersfan on many issues but feel the people who offer nothing but abuse merely fuel the fire.

As someone who has a blog with disabled comment facilities I appreciate the fact that debate is viable on a football club we share a mutual interest. If you want to glance back through the comments I have put my name to I think you'd find they are neither in agreement or the author.
But I respect the fact that HF allows people like me to say he is wrong or I disagree?

Would you feel better if I called him a cunt? It doesn't personally get me off.