Saturday 3 October 2009

One Point Off The Bottom


Hmmm. Did you see the way the Pompey players celebrated their three points at Wolves? A real sense of passion and of being in it together, despite not being paid. I haven't had that sense about West Ham so far this season, what with Green criticising the rest of the team and Zola criticising his players' attitudes.

Hull have beaten Wigan, Pompey have moved up onto our shoulder, Burnley have made it to 12 points already with a 100% home record from four games...and so victory at home to Fulham becomes all the more important. Should we lose and Fulham pull a further three points away from us, relegation will become more than just a threat, it will become a probability.

Before the season started, I warned of the dangers of a slow start. We have to win now that Pompey and Hull have chalked up victories or we will look back on this weekend as an absolute disaster. Fingers crossed!

Thought the picture might cheer us up. I certainly need a beer! And the wife didn't realise I had the camera to hand! ; }

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If West Ham play with passion will you slap yourself for me?

Hammersfan said...

I will get the wife to do it, after she has fetched the beer from the fridge! Do you want her to use the paddle?

Anonymous said...

Oh man, what's with the negative waves. was neil the hippy based on you. we know all of this. you have told us TOO many times. as a west ham fan I have stared into the abyss many times, but I still keep looking for good things in the team, the fact that our young players are coming through and showing promise, the fact that cole is in the form of his life, that boa morte is injured and that I can stand on the terraces???? and cheer my team and sing "we pay your benefits" to northerners. Yeah I know we're struggling, but christ sake get yourself some prozac and cheer up.

tonyboy

Anonymous said...

ps, I,ve had her

tonyboy

Hammersfan said...

You too?

Tom Hanks said...

It was a rather large tattoo of a sea-shell; placed high on the inside of her thigh. Apparently she thought it cool because if you were to place your ear next to it, you could actually smell the sea. I guess I shouldn't have to mention that she's a blonde.