Saturday 10 October 2009

West Ham Sign Defender


News is emerging that we have made a key signing to bolster our defence. No it is not Sol Campbell but Ken Macdonald QC, the former Director of Public Prosecutions. Such is our concern about possible claims related to the Tevez affair, that, though we have had to sell a key defender on the pitch, we feel compelled to recruit an expert to defend us off of it! Great!

The name doesn't inspire confidence does it? In Macbeth, Shakespeare describes Macdonald thus: "for that the multitudinous villainies did swarm about him" - would that be Duxbury and his cronies I wonder? Or a reference to Warnock, Bates and the excuses for Sheffield United players?

Let's hope that Macdonald doesn't walk away with a big fat cheque on top of orders for us to pay compensation to Warnock, Bates, Uncle Tom Cobley and all. "Ten million quid Mr Warnock, would you like West Ham fried with that?"

1 comment:

Deane said...

I think I might sue as I was missold my love for West Ham and now even though it's no longer a sport I am an addict. Worked for smokers