Tuesday 2 November 2010

Loss of Noble is huge!

The news that Noble is out for a month following appendicitis is disastrous. For me, he has been our best player so far this season, consistently out performing the higher profile Scott Parker. The clamour for Super Scotty to play for England has, seemingly, pushed Noble towards the welcoming arms of the Irish but if he jumps nationality, it would be a crying shame; because the guy has an England future in my opinion.

Noble has had his appendix removed but it feels to me as if the team's bollocks have been sliced off into the bargain. Who replaces him? Behrami moved inside and Berrera played wide right? Well I have made no secret of my reservations about Valedictory. Kovac as a straight replacement? Imagine a midfield of Behrami, Kovac, Parker and Boa. Where is the creativity, where will the goals come from?

It couldn't have come at a worse time in my book. We need to win games in November and to do that, we need an offensive dimension to our midfield. With Hitzlespurger out, and Dyer producing sick notes with his familiar regularity, the options are frighteningly limited. God help us if Parker now pulls up lame!

6 comments:

fred149 said...

wot happened to old stani did he get fed up about being proved wrong bout noble

Hammersfan said...

Exactly that Fred! He got very upset when proved wrong about the worth of Noble to West Ham and blew up in a most unfortunate way. I suspect he still looks in but doubt that he will ever contribute again. That's the beauty of the net. You can participate and then move on if it no longer suits.

Anonymous said...

West Ham are truely cursed. Nothing ever goes right for this club.

Anonymous said...

I actually agree this time fella, I think Noble has been hard done by in the press as Parker has been taking all the plaudits, (not his fault though), Noble must be thinking what have I got to do to get noticed.....albeit bottem we are but I feel it is only a matter of time before we get up and running yet this is just another setback in our long a lonely fight for survival, are all team as cursed as us or is it just my imagination.......Boa Morte? please...the giy has heart but nothing to offer...give Barrera a run out and drop Swiss Becks into central holding and let Scotty have a run..?

Anonymous said...

Oh well at least Grant is winning in the GrantoZola index! Chins up!

T.I.S said...

Maybe worth trying something along the lines of Stanislas in central midfeld, or Montano or something. In a season where nothing is working we may find something.