Saturday 18 September 2010

Dyer Refuses to Play for Avram?

According to the Daily Mail, Dyer has had a blow up with Avram and refused to travel to Stoke. Apparently, the man who has yet to complete 90 minutes for the club took issue with suggestions that he wasn't fit to start the game. Offered the opportunity to initially warm the bench, Dyer has seemingly told Avram where to stick his Yom Kippur and declined to travel with the team.

If true, this looks like a serious crack to me. If a manager absents himself from a game, how can he take issue with players who declare themselves unavailable? This is a direct challenge to Grant's authority and suggests that there is disharmony in the dressing room, no sense of being in this together.

Zola couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery but at least the players liked him. Avram has more organisational qualities but I fear he has lost the dressing room after 4 defeats, some peculiar team selections and now this Yom Kippur business. Footballers are not bright and will have little sympathy for fanciful ideas such as religious tolerance. They will see Grant's absence as a betrayal, as a dereliction of duty and as a sign of weakness.

If I was Sullivan, I would seize this opportunity to sack Dyer and save £3million plus in wages. But I would also be asking whether the Grant situation is tenable. The odds on Curbishley being in charge before mid October have shortened tonight!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you curbs in disguise? It's all you bang on about. Can't sack dyer but can fine him maximum two weeks wages. Keep up the good work turds

Anonymous said...

Come back Pardew

UKIT said...

Curbs back!

Love him back, the football wasn't great but then all his signings got long term injured.

What would I prefer, a pretty first half following by a 3-0 defeat or a team performance resulting in a 1-0 or 0-0 draw.

Never did understand the Curbs backlash, anti-curbs didn't seem to appreciate that Curbs was playing with whatever team he could muster together, we had Spector at CB for god sake.

John said...

Alan Pardew got us promoted, got us to the cup final and almost won it. Had the team playing fast, attractive, attacking football and could spot a bargain from the lower divisions. Plus the fact he tried to sign Keane and McCarthy in their prime. When he went club stability went with him, it was the first of a long line of Icelandic cock ups but right now could be easily rectified.

Hammersfan said...

I'm not sure Eggert invited Pards to unzip his flies.

Anonymous said...

Hammersfan is not bright and will have little sympathy for fanciful ideas such as religious tolerance. He will see Grant's absence as a betrayal, as a dereliction of duty and as a sign of weakness.

Hammersfan said...

But Hammersfan is bright and understands that Grant's decision, to put religious superstition above his obligations to the club and its wonderful fans, is a serious mistake.

UKIT said...

Yeah, so Grant admits he isn't relegious but observes this one day of the year out of respect for his dad, who is relegious.

Sounds a bit weak doesn't it.

More like he doesn't want to upset people back home and the Isreali FA.

Sav said...

I don't want to be controversial and I respect all religions in the World (although I am not too impressed by some). But if I were the owner of West Ham I would not appoint anyone (no matter how good I thought he was) if he is not willing to put his job above any religious rituals. I don't blame Avram from being who he is. I blame G&S for appointing a Manager who seems clueless in the worst start we ever had and has the audacity to make a crucial 5th game without any point a second priority to him.

Hammersfan said...

Good time in the UK Sav? Did you get to a game? I agree with what you say although I think Grant's decision to miss the game is inexcusable in my opinion.

Sav said...

I agree with you HF. I haven't managed to get to the Chelsea match. I got in very late and didn't get to sleep until the early hours of Saturday. I got fined a few times driving a hired car to Canterbury and then back to London. Other than that and spending too much money it was a good trip.

Let me know when you are in Cyprus and we can have a drink together. I should be back in London before too long anyway.

Anonymous said...

Now that the day has come and gone, was Grant missing really that big a deal? The amount of crud that this Hammersfan cretin has spouted on this sole issue is embarrassing.