Saturday 25 September 2010

Wembley here we come!

Soke at home; we can win that! I have very bad memories of Stoke in the League Cup, with Banks saving a Hurst penalty at Upton Park in the League Cup semifinal, and Moore in goal, saving a Stoke penalty, only for the rebound to be buried; but I fancy us to go through to the last eight.

Just as importantly, Arsenal have a tough tie away to Newcastle. If Wenger stays pig headed and picks his kids, and Newcastle go with their first team, then I fancy another top 4 club to exit. Tottenham, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool are already out. If Arsenal join them, then the door is open for a "lesser" club to go all the way to Wembley.

Avoiding Man Utd along the way will be crucial but, the Mancs apart, I would fancy us at home to every other team left in the competition. Villa and Newcastle away would be dodgy, but at Upton park, I would back us to progress. Anyway, I have a sneaky feeling that Burnley will dump Villa out.

This could be our year! Come on you Irons!

No comments: