Tuesday 16 March 2010

Zola Writes - Stay Positive, Support The Team


The following article was submitted via "Comments"

A Letter from Zola entitled "A lesson in how to be positive"!

Dear Hammers Fans,

We are in a tough situation but we will react and we will be ready to give everything when we go to Arsenal on Saturday.

It was hard and painful to lose at Chelsea but there is no time for me or the players to dwell on that. We have to stay focused and give everything we can next weekend. I have seen enough to know that we have both the belief and the ability.

We have three big games in a week with Wolves and Stoke following after Arsenal and we can change a lot in just eight days. Your support will be vital and we know we have to give you something back after the disappointments in the last few games when you have backed us non-stop.

I made some changes at Chelsea and I will judge in the week what to do next time. I really pay attention to how the players train, their form, their condition and then I make my choices. We have players coming back from injury and I have plenty of options. In football another game could bring anything and I will go to Arsenal with a positive approach.

The result on Saturday did not reflect the way the match was played. I feel for my players. They worked hard for the whole game and I don’t think they deserved to lose in such a way. We were in a good position at half-time against a top team.

Before the second goal we looked OK and in control but to concede when we did was obviously a big blow. Two players went to challenge John Terry as he came forward and we left Florent Malouda alone when he got the ball. You can expect a quality cross from a player like him and the rest was easy for Didier Drogba.

I thought that before that moment we had a chance because we were playing well.In the middle Scott Parker was in my opinion dominating the scene and we looked like we could’ve got something. But that is the difference with teams like Chelsea. They punish you when you make mistakes. We have to try to learn from such experiences and how to handle such pressure.

We didn’t deal well with their goals and it is something we will be working on. We will sort it out and I am certain we can turn it around.

Scott is unbelievable. He scored a great goal to equalise. I keep saying to him to focus on his shooting because it would make a big difference to his game. But other than the goal he score was excellent. There was a moment at the end of the first half and the start of the second half when he was completely in control, actually we were in control as a team..

Thank you to those of you who have bought your tickets already for Wolves next week. I know we will get a big crowd and the fact it is half-price for kids is brilliant. Young supporters are the future of this club and it will be great to come back and play at home again in front of you all.

Thanks for your support and don't listen to HammersFan as he is a muppetto!

"Gianfranco Zola"

11 comments:

Hammersfan said...

PS Don't listen to Hammersfan because he is a muppeto who predicted EXACTLY at half time how Chelsea would score their second goal. Had I listened to him, the result might have been very different. Fans pay to see goals so a five goal game must be preferrable to a boring 1-1 draw.

T.I.S said...

In all honesty it wasn't rocket science knowing that the goal was going to come down the left.

Hammersfan said...

Rocket engineering mate. I know, I am not claiming to be a genius. The question is, why didn't Zola and Clarke see it coming and reorganise to prevent it?

I will be at the Wolves game of course, being a season ticket holder!

Short Arse said...

You coming for a pint in the Boleyn?

Hammersfan said...

Yeah I will providing I can get over in time. Will you be wearing the black jacket?

T.I.S said...

Sometimes players should consider taking initiative and help out defensively if their manager is not barking the right orders.

Anonymous said...

use your west ham credit card or else we're definitely going down. the mail called it shameless but we know it's business and the longer we stay in business the better. We're a poor side with shit loads of fans, fair enough - trouble is we'll get pissed off with fly-by-night owners popping up to tell us that we need to save our club. It's not like we haven't pitched up every week - our tickets are never knowingly undersold - and if the man's serious about not spending so much in the club shop why did he slash the prices so dramatically - if they can get the right manager to steer us into europe we could start adding to our fanbase / (it pains me to say it but)... revenue stream

Anonymous said...

come on then hammersfan you football expert genius. whats the score for saturday arsenal west ham. im goner go for arsenal 0 west ham 1 ive got a funny feeling. come on you irons.

Anonymous said...

Think you'll the correct Italian is Muppetto you know as in Cornetto

TurdsOut said...

hf - here's one for you Clickable Link you'd get directly to the source, I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.... especially as you're so obviously psychic with all thing West Ham, you never know Turds might still not get the job.

Anonymous said...

http://www.westhamtillidie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/whucheslea.png