Saturday 5 February 2011

Joint Bottom AGAIN!

Would you believe it? Man Utd, top of the table, unbeaten all season, rock up at Wolves and bloody lose! So, despite all the euphoria of Wednesday's victory, we are still joint bottom. That's the problem with quicksand, the more you struggle, the deeper it sucks you down!

I said earlier this week that Wolves were in a false position. I also warned yesterday that Birmingham and West Brom would present bigger challenges than Blackpool. Had we lost against the pub team on Wednesday, we would have sunk without trace today, without even playing. Now the game tomorrow becomes so so so vital.

Remember last season? Birmingham came to Upton Park in another must win game. The result was 2-0, with goals from Diamanti and Cole. That was followed by a 3-0 victory over Hull and everything was looking fine all of a sudden. Then came five defeats on the trot!

A point is no good. We are running out of winnable games and need to average more than a point a game to survive. Wolves have opened up the title race, which is going to make Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Man City all the hungrier. Arsenal apart, we still have to play them all away, and Man Utd at home. I don't fancy us picking up anything from those games!

So, the pressure is on us again. Birmingham are joint bottom too so this really is the ultimate six pointer. Lose and we go down. And there are a few of those before our fate is finally sealed! Unless we are buried by Birmingham!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side ffs!! At least you are ready for the Chumpionship this time. If you manage to fuk us up at Totts by getting the Olympic Stadium, you will have a lovely 60,000 seater stadium with a running track around it and no fukkin atmosphere to half fill every 2 weeks!!! Sullivan and Gold will bankrupt Hammerhoids within 5 years if you mutts get the Olympic Park!!! #:)

Hammersfan said...

Yeah but at least we will be playing our home games at HOME!

Stani Army said...

Carrick is a joke. When will Fergy realise?

Upson and Green didn't make the squad for Wednesday but Parker's in:

England squad:

Ben Foster (Birmingham), Joe Hart (Man City), David Stockdale (Fulham);

Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Joleon Lescott (Man City), John Terry (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Aston Villa);

Gareth Barry (Man City), Stewart Downing (Aston Villa), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Man City), Scott Parker (West Ham), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Aston Villa);

Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)

Anonymous said...

I'm H-A-P-P-Y
I'm H-A-P-P-Y
I know I am, I'm sure I am
I'm H-A-P-P-Y
I'm H-A-P-P-Y
I'm H-A-P-P-Y
I know I am, I'm sure I am
I'm H-A-P-P-Y
I'm L-O-V-E-D
I'm L-O-V-E-D
I know I am, I'm sure I am
I'm L-O-V-E-D
I'm L-O-V-E-D
I'm L-O-V-E-D
I know I am, I'm sure I am
I'm L-O-V-E-D
I'm S-A-V-E-D
I'm S-A-V-E-D
I know I am, I'm sure I am
I'm S-A-V-E-D
I'm S-A-V-E-D
I'm S-A-V-E-D
I know I am, I'm sure I am
I'm S-A-V-E-D

Hammersfan said...

????

Hammersfan said...

I'm happy looking at that picture personally. What a great boat in the background!

Stani Army said...

That last comment is an invitation to Jim Dale if there ever was one!