Tuesday 31 May 2011

Scholes Retirement opens the door for Parker.



The decision of Scholes to call it a day may just have opened the door for Parker to join the Mancs. The players are not exact carbon copies - Scholes is a far better passer of the ball and Parker is a better anchor - but signing Parker would free up Carrick to assume the playmaker role.

Critics of Carrick insist that he has never realised his full potential but he was originally the "next Hoddle or Brooking", not the next Billy Bonds or Alan Mullery. He was asked to reinvent himself first by Pardew, and then by Ferguson.

For 20 minutes of the Champions League final, I thought Carrick was the best player in a Man Utd shirt and, with Parker sweeping behind him, I believe he has the ability to become the playmaker proper. If Ferguson does express an interest, Parker's value will soar; so here's hoping!

4 comments:

Stani said...

He won't go to Manchester United HF. If this happens, I will run down my street naked.

Anonymous said...

Any opinion on Scotty's plea that we all stick together next season for the sake of the team??
For the benefit of anyone who hasn't had a personal request from our No. 8 it goes like this:

"Dear John,

I want to start by saying thanks once more. Not just for making me Hammer of the Year again but for backing us every step of the way in what has been a really tough season.

We know this year hasn’t been good enough. Even though I was delighted personally to pick up awards and get back in the England team, I would have swapped it all for the team staying in the Premier League.

Unfortunately that didn’t happen but this as an opportunity to rebuild a squad that will get the club straight back up to where it belongs and to build on that over the next three seasons ahead of the move to a fantastic new stadium. What I do know now is you will be needed like never before. I am absolutely sure the team can bounce back quickly and make you proud once again.

I know the players will be determined to make up for the disappointment of last season and what is really exciting is that there are several young players who are ready to step up. They can be part of this club’s future for a long time.

I know from first hand that there is some exciting new talent coming through the ranks to stake a claim.

Together in the new season, everyone starts with a clean slate and the club has the chance to make sure this new chapter in West Ham’s history is as exciting on the pitch as it will be off it.

All the lads will be doing their best to make that happen but as a team – players and fans together – is when you can most make things happen.

Thanks again for your fantastic support – you’ve been amazing and I hope you stick with the team on the journey to bigger and better things next season.

Come on you irons!

Scott Parker
No.8"

In other words "renew your season ticket now,before I bail out!!!"

Sickening!
John V P

Hammersfan said...

LOL John! Until I got to the end, I thought you had been suckered! I wonder who wrote that for him? Scotty certainly hasn't got the intelligence to put that little piece together!

Stani said...

Fergy's going for Modric or Charlie Adam HF. That's more plausible