Sunday 6 December 2009

Lost In Translation Or Is Zola Going Mad? Let Duxbury Explain It Instead!


Ok, he doesn't seem to have the first idea about tactics, but I have had the impression that Zola is actually watching when we are playing, but perhaps I am wrong. He certainly sounded punch drunk and confused after yesterday's pounding by a defenceless Manchester United.

When asked about the substitution of Green, Zola said, "We didn't take him off straight away because we thought he could carry on but I don't think it affected the goals we conceded afterwards." When I first read that, I thought "afterwards" was referring to after the substitution. Hang on, I thought, the Mancs scored their last goal before Green left the pitch! I have worked out what Zola means but surely he should have seized the opportunity to praise Kurucz for keeping a clean sheet against the rampant Champions!

More seriously, Zola reveals why we perform so badly in the second half of so many games - he thinks the half time whistle signals the end of the match! Quoted on the OS about the first goal, Zola said: "We were defending quite well. We worked all week to defend against them and it was working. We just needed one more minute." Er no Gianfranco, you just needed 46 more minutes! Anybody know the percentage of their goals that the Mancs score in the second half. My money would be on something like 70 to 75%! Shame Zola's game plan did not allow for the contingency of the Champions taking the lead and having a whole 45 minutes in the second half to score goals in!

I think Zola could have saved a lot of breath by simply saying, "We were crap. I apologise. I will now hand over to Mr Duxbury to explain how we got into this mess in the first place." That would wipe the smile off the Joker's face wouldn't it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YET AGAIN MORE NEGATIVE SHITE !!!

EVERY SINGLE THING YOU POST IS NEGATIVE !!

If youve only got bad things to say about west ham why dont you fuck off and support a different team and stop writing this dross you prick.

Hammersfan said...

Oh dear, somebody is taking the defeat badly. I will write an article especially for you mate!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, there must be something positive you can think of. I think you kind of want us to get relegated so you can say, told you so...

Hammersfan said...

I've written the article mate. A garden full of claret and blue roses!