Thursday, 24 December 2009
Top 10 West Ham Highlights From 2009
It's not been a vintage year has it? Here's my top 10 highlights from 2009:
1. The Hines goal against Villa. The situation, the timing and the finish all make this the top highlight for me. Sadly, just like Sears, this Hines goal appears to have been a flash in the Premiership pan because he has been VERY ordinary since.
2. Cole's wonderful goal at Wigan. This was one of the best goals I have ever seen scored by a West Ham player / team. If only those short passes at pace worked more often!
3. Cole's goal against Tottenham. What a beaut! Shame about what followed!
4. Cole's goal at Newcastle. This was the proof of Cole's improvement as far as I was concerned. He moved onside before Ilunga launched the pass, timed his run perfectly and lashed the ball home beautifully with his left foot. Zola hasn't cut it as a club manager but he may have fashioned a player who could help England win the World Cup!
5. Tristan's goal at Stoke. At last, a goal from a direct free kick!
6. Green's penalty save against Villa. I rated this as a special save because of the strength of Green's hand as he reached down and scooped the ball up and clear.
7. Parker's pass to set up Collison against Burnley. Superb vision and quick thinking - and the finish was almost as good.
8. Parker's brilliant block on the line against Chelsea. He did something similar against Burnley and, both times, then managed to get in a block on the edge of the box a matter of seconds later.
9. Julian Faubert's loan to Real Madrid. That alone vindicated the name of this blog! And to think, Real actually paid us so he could have a kip on their bench! Shame they sent him back!
10. Diamanti's penalty against Arsenal. It wasn't a penalty but what the heck, it capped a great fight back and gave us hope!
Have I missed any magical moments worthy of a place in the top 10?
Posted by Hammersfan at 18:11