Sunday 4 April 2010

After Six Straight Defeats, Zola Pledges No Change!


Is this man a complete idiot? Is he incapable of seeing beyond the end of his own nose? After six straight defeats, including home reverses against Bolton, Wolves and Stoke, Zola has assured us that he is going to stand by his principles and change nothing ahead of Sunday's game with Everton.

Listen to the fool! “What keeps me happy is I think I am doing the right thing — results are not going my way but I’m trying my hardest, my best. I’m doing it with honesty. Even if results are not coming my way now it doesn’t stop me from trying.”

Well Gianfranco, I'm glad you are happy because just shy of 35,000 fans were pretty hacked off at Upton Park last Saturday. We are level on points with third from bottom Hull and Zola still thinks he is doing "the right thing"! We are the only team to have lost to Brian Laws managed Burnley, and Zola still thinks he is "doing the right thing". We barely managed three shots over 180 minutes of football against Wolves and Stoke, and Zola still thinks he is doing "the right thing". We mustered one shot in 45 minutes against 10 man Arsenal, and Zola still thinks he is "doing the right thing". We failed to find an equaliser against 10 man Bolton but Zola still thinks he is doing "the right thing". And Zola thinks we are playing attacking football! Three goals scored in the last six games, and Zola thinks we are playing attacking football and that he is doing "the right thing"!

Asked if he will change the tactics, Zola replied, "“I won’t change it. I will try to find solutions that guarantee some results. It’s the only reason why I’m in football because it’s my dream to play in a certain way." It might be your dream Gianfranco, but for the rest of us it is a living nightmare!

So what can we expect against Everton? More of the same it seems. You know, that free flowing attacking football we have become accustomed to under Zola. You know, that exciting brand of football that involves passing the ball backwards and sideways until somebody lumps an aimless straight ball up to Mido or Cole, or sends in a cross from mid way into the opposition half because nobody is positioned on the correct flank to get to the byline!

Moyes will be tossing and turning in his bed tonight!

Come On You This Manager's Not For Turning Irons!

20 comments:

Stani Army said...

I think Zola's just winding you up HF.

You gonna be on the radio tom? What time?

C.O.Y.T.M.N.F.T.I!

Hammersfan said...

Don't think so mate. Unless I call in to 606! No, the idea was to talk to me after the Wolves game - I missed the email. I have the producer's name and number. May call her.

Stani Army said...

So it was just a one off? How did it come about? You wanna get one of those newer phones with email and stuff. Dale's got one ;) he does lots on the go.

If you do get on, slip the words "the game's gone crazy" in there so we know.

T.I.S said...

I think Moyes will be tossing in bed...a gauranteed three points is worth a tug!

Hammersfan said...

Dont know. email out of the blue. She knew about the blog.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deane said...

never thought I'd ever see a worse manager than Roeder,he at least had the good sense to be totally obnoxious
Some people make very good number twos like Peter Grant and Roedef and I believe Zola and Clarke are in that mould Clarke being in the Peter Taylor mould

TurdsOut said...

00:41 hahahaha Stani mate! that is THE funniest thing I've seen on this blog - normally is so depressing -

"You wanna get one of those newer phones with email and stuff. Dale's got one ;) he does lots on the go"

hahahahaha BRILLIANT!

TurdsOut said...

00:41 hahahaha Stani mate! that is THE funniest thing I've seen on this blog - normally is so depressing -

"You wanna get one of those newer phones with email and stuff. Dale's got one ;) he does lots on the go"

hahahahaha BRILLIANT!

Hammersfan said...

written that article to brighten the place up yet?

TurdsOut said...

Didn't think this place needed brightening up = thought your intellect was bright enough

Stani Army said...

I was being serious. You should try get on tv too like Dale did on setanta HF. Cannot believe they chose him...like he knows about football. I'm certain he had a hand in bringing them down!

Anonymous said...

We are continually being told here that we have lost our last six games, and whilst that is true we have to remember that includes defeats at The Emirates, Stamford Bridge and Old ­Trafford.

I for one didn't expect anything for those three games..... and for me that puts defeats against Stoke, Bolton and Wolves in to slightly less of a hysterical perspective.

I don't believe for a moment that we'll go down even if we lose at Goodison, but knowing fanno he is relishing that prospect with a headline of doom and gloom ready and waiting to be used.

I don't deny that 35,000 fans are hacked off - but we all know how a win can change that... even a well played draw can put a smile on the face of most hardened cynics

Anfield is a tough call - but I believe games against Sunderland, Wigan and even Fulham are winnable. Hopefully Man City will really depend on whether they've held on to their top four position or have blown it by the time that game comes around.

We should have faith, we should believe and not chose the cynicism, despair, misery, desolation, hopelessness, depression and doubt that is so rampant on this blog.

The owners have chosen to keep Zola - they have experience and I'd like to think they know what they're doing as I really don't think it's such a big ask to get behind the team and the management - what other choice do we have? pessimism and negativity is so unattractive and is the easier option.

With Green, Upson, Parker and Cole we are much better than Hull City and Burnley. I just pray that Illunga and Collison make their way back sooner than later......

More belief from the fans and less washing of the laundry in public by the owners and I for one know we'll stay up.

COYI

TurdsOut said...

For all the visitors to this site how many regular posters are there, Stani, T.I.S. and Savvakis not much of community is it?

Savvakis said...

As Mark Twain points out “to feel successful in life you need to have ignorance and confidence”. Zola has both in abundance!

Luke Eliot said...

PLEASE change something, Zola!!!! Put Stan on the right and Diamanti in the hole. PLEEEEAAAAAAASSSSE!!! At least give it a go!!

Hammersfan said...

You missed out yourself Turdsout! Then there's Deane and Marty looks in frequently and Kev from Manchester and my little army of detractors. Not everybody feels the need to post a comment all the time. 344,000 plus hits and counting. Blog has come to attention of Radio 5 Live. Not bad considering I've only been working seriously at it for last 12 months. Biggest threat to the blog? West Ham going down!

TurdsOut said...

"even a well played draw can put a smile on the face of most hardened cynics..." I smiled and I'm not even a cynic

7 regulars and some detractors... that's a bad percentage our of 344,000

TurdsOut said...

so Hf you didn't enjoy my warblings where I predicted a draw? try 1221

and at 1249 my reply is thus, I did the math and you have as I think you've already agreed 10 regular posters out of 344,000 hits which means only 0.002 visitors decide post here regularly

Luckily this isn't a profit making concern mate or you'd be bust!]

Which means that 99.99% of visitors don't think it's worth becoming a regular here preferring to go elsewhere

Come on you must be so proud of those stats irons!

Hammersfan said...

So you wrote the Have Faith article? Why did you post it as Anonymous? Kind of proves the point that you post support for yourself under the anonymous title n'est pas? Keep contibuting mate, the readers enjoy the way you enhance the site. If you didn't exist, I would have to invent you!