Wednesday 28 April 2010

Mini Season Ticket - Fantastic Value For Money!


Just as I predicted when I bought it, the mini season ticket covering the last six home games of the season, has proved fantastic value for money. Just as I said at the time, it has given me access to five relegation cup finals, with the bonus of a worry free opportunity to see Unreal City, complete with Tevez and Bellyache, at the Boleyn in the final game of the season. If we win, great; if we lose, we will probably be celebrating Tottenham missing out on the Champions League!

A couple of games in, some were gloating, seemingly delighting in West Ham losing so I would have a miserable time. In fact, those first three reverses simply ensured that the excitement continued right the way through to the Wigan game. Had we beaten Bolton, Wolves and Stoke, the Sunderland and Wigan games would have been dead rubbers. Even better, the victory over Wigan coincided with my son's 17th birthday. As he said, being there to celebrate our survival on his birthday will live in his memory for ever; as will seeing his selection win in the National on the big screen at Upton Park after watching our crucial victory over Sunderland.

I will not always be singing Sullivan's praises on this site, I'm sure, but that mini season ticket was a brilliant marketing idea and I am SO glad I took full advantage of it! And to those who were goading me when we were losing, well who looks stupid now?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You got at least a 40% win rate. Much better than the rest of us this year! Now, that's good value.

Hammersfan said...

Yep, I predicted that too Alex. Never understood why fans would rather see us lose to Tottenham and Man Utd than win against Wigan and Sunderland.

Anonymous said...

See your mate Delmonte is not exactly singing Sullivan’s praises but is getting it full on from some of the orgers

Hammersfan said...

They had best not take on del too strongly or they will be excommunicated from the Org. Part of the inner brethren!

Stani Army said...

HF,
Is this your way of saying 'Thank you Gianfranco'? :)