Thursday 22 July 2010

Fulham Up Craven Cottage Creek Without A Paddle!


Fulham seem to be in a pretty pickle after their failed attempt to lure Jol from Ajax. I was amazed when it first broke that Jol was entertaining the switch - trading the Dutch giants for comely Fulham seemed an odd move to me - but I'm even more amazed that Fulham have engineered a position where, whoever they now appoint, will arrive as the booby prize.

The players are now back in pre season training, of course, and must be wondering what the hell is going on. If this situation isn't resolved quickly then the wheels could come off big time and Fulham could well find themselves struggling next season.

Who is available and so desperate for a job that he would swallow his pride and accept being second best, I wonder? Hang on, is that a caravan towing brown Volvo I see before me, cruising past Parliament Square and heading westwards?

Fulham's most immediate problem, of course, is what to do with all the pies they bought in anticipation of Jol's arrival!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant reference to fat people eating a lot of pies.

Not only original but clever too.

Hammersfan said...

Shut up and go back to your pies! I'm reporting this article because it is sizeist. Fat Bastards of the World unite against HF! I'm writing to the legal representative of the fat bastard who lives next to me!

Stani Army said...

Sky are reporting Jol wanted to come but was blocked by Ajax.

...but you can use that classic argument HF: I'm not sizeist, I'm fat myself :)

Hammersfan said...

Are you Stani? I pictured you as lithe.

Stani Army said...

'YOU'!

...and stop 'picturing' me :) I had my fair share of that when I was on WHTID!