Thursday 29 July 2010

Tottenham want Parker and Bellyache for a combined £11m


After bidding a derisory £7 million for Scott Parker, Tottenham are now preparing an offer of £4m for Welsh windbag, Craig Bellamy. If they land the much travelled moaner for that figure, it will surely represent very shrewd business indeed. Where else can you secure instant dressing room upset for a figure of just £4million?

Remember that Duxbury statement?

"I made it quite clear to Craig that there wasn’t any possibility of him joining Tottenham,” said Duxbury. “There is a change of philosophy at this club. I keep referring to the football project and it’s a business plan we stick to. Part of that is we need to be aware of our fans’ expectations, we need to be aware of who our local rivals are and there is massive rivalry between ourselves and Tottenham. It’s nothing about Tottenham but why on earth should we sell any player that would strengthen their team? It just makes no sense to me. I won’t sell any of our players to our local rivals.”

Nope, we will sell them to Man City instead and then Tottenham can save themselves £7m by signing them 18 months later! (Whilst qualifying for the Champions League in the meantime whilst Bellamy fires Unreal City into fifth place!) Brilliant. You couldn't write it, could you?

Oh, by the way, did anybody notice that "There is a change of philosophy at this club. I keep referring to the football project and it’s a business plan we stick to. Part of that is we need to be aware of our fans’ expectations" line used by Duxbury? What did Sullivan say in his statement yesterday? "This is a new era. We are building a bigger, better West Ham and when we make a promise we honour it." Sound familiar? Welcome to Groundhog Day!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

er..... that doesn't sound familiar at all.

Hammersfan said...

er...why not?

jamesarpc said...

Because it's not similar at all. Infact it's by someone else, about something else. Im pretty sure you could syphon through history and find two slightly similar soundbites from Chruchill and Hitler. So what? Lazy, boring, fear mongering writing. You're the kind of guy who cuts a single curl of wool from the thigh of a lamb and gently rest them on your ears and run around shouting "Ive got lamb glasses, Ive got lamb glasses." I bet you don't eat your evening meals until atleast 11pm. I bet you have a brother who is a bit shorter than you and you send him an anonymous postcard listing 80's pop songs but making dirty puns "The bummer of 69" and the like.
Stop writing this blog please! Please use your time to do something more entertaining / important like thumbing edam into a mallards egg hole

Hammersfan said...

Tell me, why have you wasted time writing that non sensical drivel?

jamesarpc said...

Are you seriously writing that?!?

That's ironic genius.

Big Ive said...

jamesarpc

That is very, very funny indeed and obviously went -whoosh - over the head of our rather ignorant, reactionary friend!!

Hammersfan said...

Did it Big Ive? Thanks for telling me that.

But yes James, thanks for acknowledging my genius. I still don't know why you wasted time typing that non sensical drivel. Keep in mind that I could delete it with one click of my keyboard if it warranted it in any way. Think about that for a moment.

Anonymous said...

you click your keyboard HF?

Anonymous said...

Wow that's a lot of power you have there HF, must feel amazing to be able to delete posts that make you look stupid.

Hammersfan said...

LOL I don't exercise it. That's the point! Though obviously it went over your head!

What is the point of leaving a comment designed to hurt me in some way, if you know that the comment will or can be deleted if it hurts? If I don't delete it, it clearly doesn't hurt. If it does hurt, nobody would see it! Isn't that the ultimate definition of a waste of time?

As for me, I can write whatever I like and so much of it clearly gets under the skin of people who don't like me. Now why would you let me know how much I am irritating you? How stupid is that?

Anonymous said...

You're truly a weirdo HF and an angry one at that.

None of these people know you to not like you. They simply don't like or agree with what you write. There's a difference.

A genuine and sad egomaniac.

Hammersfan said...

If they don't like what I write, they should address the argument, not insult the author, as you have just done yet again. Your idea of debate seems to be what goes on in the playground of a secondary school - foul mouthed teenagers hurling abuse because their brains have been addled by Big Brother and Hollyoaks. Address the argument and I will engage at that level. Hurl stupid insults and I will gloat at your stupidity. Why do you read what I write if it upsets you so much? How stupid is that? I'm laughing at you mate, doesn't that hurt?

Anonymous said...

I'm honestly not trying to insult you HF, I genuinely think that you come across as a bit weird, a bit angry, a bit sad and an egomaniac.

Apologies if I'm wrong but that's how you come across. I think if you showed a bit of humility from time to time then you might get a difference response but I think you quite like the aggressive response you get, you enjoy being controversial and feeling that you're superior to other WH fans.

And they're the reasons that make me think you're all of the above.

Hammersfan said...

LOL I would like to see you approach a stranger in a pub ans say, "I genuinely think that you come across as a bit weird, a bit angry, a bit sad and an egomaniac".
You wouldn't do it would you? Why?

If you don't think that is insulting then you do not understand the meaning of the word my friend. Not that I mind. That's your opinion of me. You don't know me but you may have a psychology degree based on "Virtual debate on the internet" for all I know, and your excellent qualifications may afford you an insight into the real me for all I know.

Now, don't you think you might be assuming rather a lot?

Anonymous said...

It's not what you write HF - it's the way you write that gives us such neck ache.

Oh on another point - Javier Mascherano - bloody hell he's scored less goals than scotty - does that mean he is a worse player HF?

Hammersfan said...

Mascherano is a holding midfield player, Parker is a box to box midfielder. Kovac is our "equivalent" of Mascherano, and before Kovac it was Mullins. Compared to Pardew's team, Parker is meant to be the Reo-Coker of the side. Of course, Pardew played with two up top - from Sheringham, Harewood, Zamora and Ashton. He also had two "wide" midfielders who scored goals - Etherington and Yossi. Ever since the signing of parker we have struggled to score enough goals because he does not get on the score sheet.

Anonymous said...

and there's me thinking Mascherano was a defensive midfielder - I bow to your bottomless well of knowledge HF