Saturday 7 April 2012

The West Ham Curse Lifted. Pressure Mounts on Southampton

That's it, I'm moving abroad! When I went in search of Mido earlier in the season, we thumped Forest 4-1 at the City Ground; and now I'm in Transylvania, hunting Van Helsing, and we annihilate Barnsley! I'm the bloody Jonah! When I meet up with Abraham Van Helsing in Bran Castle, he will drive a wooden stake through my heart!

I haven't seen the game so can't comment. Interestingly, my last missive didn't make it through to the News Now board. Perhaps, like Harker, my messages are being intercepted. My hotel is in the middle of nowhere, the guy on reception seems to be the only person in the hotel, the wife is complaining about an absence of mirrors and a wailing sack was left at the hotel door last night! Hang on....

Now the pressure mounts on Southampton! If Portsmouth could pull off a shock!

4 comments:

beelzebub said...

praise where praise is due.

An excellent performance, even if i still don't like the formation with a lone striker scrapping for not a lot again all game.

BUT...this is what we wanted sam !! balls on the floor and complete control of the opposition for 90 mins...

THIS IS WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING TO THE LOWER TEAMS IN THIS SHIT LEAGUE !!

Come on you pompey, i think the scummers are the team to chase !!

USA Dave said...

The key element now is the quality of our play, because it is quality that we will need in our likely playoff appearance. I expect us to drop just as many points as we the teams above us will drop, likely starting with Zigic and Brum on Monday.

I am already expecting another year at least in this league and hoping for a pleasant surprise.

ianthehammer said...

Well HF, Pompy have pulled off an unlikely 2~2 result after going behind in the last min. We have suffered our fair share of late goals conceded som maybe its Soton's turn now.

Anonymous said...

Always had soft spot for Portsmouth until the arrival of Piq, preceded by Avram the dour faced ...!

Still, all for Pompey to send the Faints home with no points.