Wednesday 26 October 2011

Grant, Zola & Curbishley all neck and neck for Leicester job!

Well the headline is a little misleading I accept because all three are well down the field of candidates, but Avram, Alan and Franco are all listed at the same price by William Hill at 20-1. And with O'Neill likely to rule himself out over the next 48 hours and Grayson saying he isn't interested, one of the terrible triumvirate may yet be in with a shout of getting the job.

To be honest, all the other 20-1 candidates seem just as unlikely to be appointed as our ex managers, which means it has to be one of Mark Hughes, Rafa Benitez, Lee Clark or Billy Davies. Unless a rabbit is going to be pulled from the hat - McClaren needs work and is an ex England manager just like Sven!

How about Venables? Lineker likes him! Where is Oneday Ramos these days? Could Poyet be tempted to leave Brighton? Or McDermott from Reading?

Here's hoping the board are still deliberating when Leicester show up at the Boleyn at the weekend - the last thing we need is O'Neill swallowing his pride and deciding to lead a Leicester charge for the Prem. But surely he will hold out for a bigger club? How much longer can McCarthy hang on at Wolves for example? Or the Spurs job if Redknapp gets the nod for England.

And for now, let's just imagine Turds, Grant and Zola all sitting in a room awaiting interview. "What will you say if they ask you about West Ham?" one asks. "I'll blame Nani" says Turds. "I'll blame you," says Zola. "I'll tell them I did my usual job," replies Grant!

7 comments:

Hammersfan said...

I see O'Neill has just ruled himself out - just as I predicted!

Anonymous said...

'"What will you say if they ask you about West Ham?" one asks. "I'll blame Nani" says Turds. "I'll blame you," says Zola. "I'll tell them I did my usual job," replies Grant! '

You made me laugh! never happened before whilst reading your blog. Should be more like that in my humble opinion rather than the constant moaning at everything West Ham

Anonymous said...

00:14 well done you - I bet it's things like that only get you stiff.

John said...

Glad you were right

Lord Canning said...

Apparently, Sven put a good word in for Steve McClaren as he was going out the door.

But really, do we care who gets the job at a club where the manager's office has a revolving door?

Keep it West Ham I say.

Hammersfan said...

We play them at the weekend and 3 ex West Ham managers are in the field so yes, I care!

Lord Canning said...

Your posts suggest that a new manager will transform that bunch of under performers into championships winners? Well, if I recall correctly our recent changes at managerial level didn't exactly send us into the premiership stratosphere did it?
What's that tucked down inside O'Neills tracksuit bottoms / Is it a magic wand? Halloween's coming!!