Tuesday 25 October 2011

Leicester Hit Panic Button Sending Sven Flatpacking!

Well, you Foxes fans can't say I didn't call it. My post on Saturday about Sven's imminent dismissal made it to the top of the Leicester City News Now board and on October 16 I asked, "How long before Leicester plat pack Sven and send him back to IKEA?"

Irate Leicester fans told me then that I didn't know what I was talking about and to focus on my own club. Apparently, the fans were happy with the mediocrity that Sven's ensemble were serving up!

Well the Board clearly weren't and the 3-0 stuffing at home to hopeless Millwall was the final straw for the bespectacled Swede. You can't help but think that this is a premature panic response from a Board that have wagered the full wad and cannot afford for it all to go wrong. Pundits have pointed out that Leicester are just two points away from a playoff place and in this crazy division, who is to say that they won't be in the top two by the end of November, with or without Sven?

Who will replace him? Martin O'Neil is surely wishful thinking; would he really take such an obvious and embarrassing step backwards? Why would Simon Grayson leave Leeds for little old Leicester? More wishful thinking surely? So what about Alan "Turds" Curbishley? He needs the work!

4 comments:

USA Dave said...

I was right there with you at the start of the season, saying Sven had neither the stomach nor the where-with-all for the division. He has not had any notable success in club football since his days in Italy, so why would he do well in the trenches of the N?

But I can absolutely see MON going back home with the promise of a huge bonus for promotion. I bet he takes the job.

Anonymous said...

It's true HF you called it, I was there I witnessed it and it's written down for everyone to see. Only trouble is many other professional journalists called it too. So what's your point exactly?

Hammersfan said...

So oothers got it right too. Leicester fans said I was calling it wrong!

T.I.S said...

Irate Leicester fans told me then that I didn't know what I was talking about and to focus on my own club

You love it really HF!